St. Dunstan's Theatre
Bloomfield Hills, MI
To Our Theater
Welcome to our theatre
WHO WE ARE
St. Dunstan’s Theatre Guild of Cranbrook is an independent, non-profit organization committed to producing quality theatre in our community. Onstage and off, we all share a love of theatre and a commitment to our “home away from home.”
Virtual Play Festival
Original short plays now being accepted for
ST. DUNSTAN’S VIRTUAL SHORT PLAY FESTIVAL
St. Dunstan’s Theatre is now accepting original scripts for short plays to be considered for the St. Dunstan’s Virtual Short Play Festival, scheduled for March 2021.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday, January 24, 2021. Authors may submit up to two plays by email to email@example.com.
● Plays should be approximately 15 to 20 minutes long (about 10 to 15 pages).
● Plays with small casts (five or less) are preferred.
● Plays should be advanced through dialogue, with minimal stage direction, and lend themselves to being presented with only one actor on-screen at a time, to accommodate the virtual format. (Think of a cross between a radio play and a staged reading.)
● St. Dunstan’s is using a blind submission process. The author’s name should not appear on the play submitted. E-mailed submissions should be accompanied by a separate attachment of the title page, with the title of the play, author’s name and contact information, including email.
● Plays should be sent as PDFs, typed in Times New Roman or similar font, 12 point, with 1-inch margins. It is recommended to double-space between lines of different characters, single-space each character’s lines, and write stage directions in italic or bold, preferably in parenthesis.
Example: BOB: (holding up a cell phone) Looking for this? I found it under the bed at the hotel.
TINA: (menacingly) Give it back, Bob! You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into!
● Send plays by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2021.
● By submitting a play, authors agree to grant St. Dunstan’s Theatre the right to perform the work, if selected. Copyright of all submissions are retained by the respective authors. Playwrights will not be paid for their work.
● Playwrights will be given first right to direct their own plays.
● Plays will be cast by open audition in early February, after selected plays are announced.
● For more information, contact Jake at email@example.com.
As you know, St. Dusntan's Theatre is a non-profit organization. We depend on the income we generate from our shows and also from the generous donations of our members and patrons. This is a difficult financial time for us as it is for many organizations. If you are able to help out during these times, you may donate on the following page: